While 2020 has challenged us in ways we never expected, it has also proven that the rental housing industry is an unstoppable force. Throughout this year we've seen an incredible and heartwarming show of strength from our members. Our industry remained essential and never stopped working to serve our community. We want to say thank you.
Because of the incredible strength of our members, the Association has pivoted this year as well. The AASC staff, board, volunteers and members have created innovative ways to serve our members and we want to express the utmost gratitude to all of our members for supporting the Association in 2020.
Although there were many exciting things that happened this year, we wanted to celebrate the twenty wins that happened in 2020!
Twenty Wins in 2020!
1. AASC celebrated 50 years of serving the rental housing industry.
2. Moving to a beautiful and convenient new location!
3. Record-breaking attendance at in-person events starting off 2020!
Industry Update Luncheon
PAC Bourbon & Beer Tasting
"Celebrating 50 Years of Fantasy" Bowling Tournament
Business to Business Exchange
Casino Bus to Cripple Creek
4. Eleven new graduates from the Leadership Lyceum Program
5. When COVID-19 started affecting the industry, AASC worked diligently to compile a resource page for all members that included current public orders, lease amendments, webinars, etc. This page was continuously updated as new information became available.
6. The most Peak Award nominations TO DATE! (167 total nominations)
7. As in person gatherings were limited, AASC quickly pivoted and brought new virtual gatherings such as Happy Hours, Trivia, Town Halls, Virtual Workouts and MORE!
8. In response to the pandemic, AASC transitioned and adapted all educational offerings to meet the needs of the members.
9. AASC members decided to celebrate joy and #DanceFromADistance
10. COVID Task Force groups were set up immediately both for AASC and CAA Members. These groups exchanged best practices, provided legal assistance and more.
11. A virtual Town Hall was held with CS Mayor, John Suthers to address member-specific questions.
12. The first virtual Installation was held with NAA Chairman, Mike Holmes to install the 2020 - 2021 Board of Directors.
13. A completely SOLD OUT Golf Tournament.
14. AASC celebrated our fantastic essential workers all year long with social media contests, lunch from suppliers & more!
15. AASC moved forward with the Education Conference & Trade Show in a safe and creative way!
16. Peak Awards was held with a virtual ceremony, watch parties and more!
17. Launched a new website with updated technology to better serve our members.
18. To better reach our members during these difficult times, a new weekly video series was launched - "What's the Tea with AASC!"
19. Raised and donated $9,447 to Greccio Housing for their efforts in the Colorado Springs community.
20. Celebrated the end of the year with the first Virtual Holiday Party and awarded this year's Ethel Horton to Lara Cartagena with Xfinity Communities.
Thank you to our incredible members for making 2020 a success. We can't wait to see what we will accomplish together in 2021!