RENEW YOUR CREDENTIAL
Keeping up with your Credentials!
CONGRATULATIONS you have successfully completed a credential with NAAEI and it's time to renew! Credential renewal requires the following steps:
- Update Your Contact Information
- Submit a Payment Online with Credit or Debit Card
- Check your CEC Status
- Submit Outstanding CECs Online
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS (CECS)
A CEC is one hour of continuing education with meals and breaks excluded. All CECs required for the renewal period must be earned the previous year. For example, for the 2020 renewal you will report CECs earned during 2019. CECs earned in 2018 will be not accepted.
Continuing education credits are needed for all NAAEI credentials that require annual renewal and are required to maintain AIME membership. This includes CAM, NALP, CAPS, CAS and AIME. If you are unsure of the number of credits you need, check on your renewal invoice. Please submit the entire number of CECs required in one submission to ensure that your CECs are recorded accurately. Please click the link below to view the CEC requirments for your annual Credential Renewal.
Individuals who hold multiple NAAEI credentials may use the same CECs for renewal of all credentials and AIME. For example, if you have a CAM and NALP credential, you would owe 6 CECs annually. The total number of CECs that you must report is indicated on your invoice.
HOW DO I SUBMIT MY CECs?
- After each AASC class, a CEC is added to your personal online portal and can easily be downloaded and tracked by you at anytime by accessing your account.
- For classes attended at the Expo, serving on a committee, or volunteering, the CEC Reporting Form must be submitted to the AASC Office. Once the form has been verified and signed, the credential holder must Submit your CEC Reporting Form Online for NAAEI approval.
COMMON CREDENTIAL FAQS
- I am a CAMT credential holder but received an invoice. What is it for?
- What are the benefits of renewing my credential?
- I need a new certificate. How can I obtain one?
- How do I proceed with renewal if I am deployed by the military?
- I am retired or have been in the industry for 25 years. Do I need to submit CECs?
- What happens if I don't renew my credential?
- I am behind on my renewal. What do I do now?
- Can I renew by mail or fax?
For any questions regarding the renewal process or credentials please contact the AASC Office.