The Power of the Internet!
The same great information available at the push of a button! Online learning platforms offer you the felxibility and convenience to expand and continune in your profession from the comfort of your home or office!
In partnership with the National Apartment Association Education Institute (NAAEI) and Grace Hill, AASC members now have access to online courses and webinars available in English and Spanish.
If you have any questions regarding your online education options, please contact the AASC Office Staff.
Introducing Visto, the new online hub for professional development, including credential and continuing education programs, brought to you by the NAA Education Institute and Grace Hill.
What’s new about Visto?
- More online programs than ever before, including NALP, CAM, CAS, and CAPS!
- An intuitive storefront, making it easier than ever to find the right course for you
- Personalized recommendations, helping you advance in your specific career path
- A streamlined platform, granting you instant access to course material the moment you complete your purchase.
- Automatic reporting to NAAEI of any continuing education credits earned
- Keeps your credentials current
DOWNLOAD THE VISTO COURSE CATALOG
Multifamily Insiders Webinars provide the convenience of learning on the Internet while providing the opportunity and benefits of peer-to-peer interaction. The webinars are facilitated by industry experts and contain topical information for apartment industry professionals. All Webinars will provide copies of PowerPoint presentations, handouts with key information and the ability to ask questions to experts and receive answers.
Webinar Wednesdays are the largest premium webinar series in the multifamily industry, featuring industry giants generally twice per month! Through this program, you get access to innovative ideas, best practices, and emerging trends from a variety of topics, including leasing and marketing, resident retention, career advancement, management techniques, and other property management skills to become an "All-Star" at your company!
AASC members receive the Webinar Wednesdays for a discounted rate of $25 by using the promo code 17AASC at checkout.
REGISTER FOR THE NEXT WEBINAR WEDNESDAY!
CERTIFIED APARTMENT MANAGER (CAM)
It’s now even easier to earn your CAM – enroll today and take advantage of a more affordable option – purchasing the CAM Online course...one module at a time.
CAM Online Offers:
- Access to our 24/7 Technical Help Desk to assist you should you have technical difficulties with the CAM course
- The ability to direct questions regarding the curriculum/ course content to an instructor
- A self-paced program that allows you to fit courses into your busy schedule. The CAM Online modules may now be purchased all at once or individually
CAM Student Housing Micro-Credential
Student housing presents a distinct set of management concerns that differ from those of conventional multifamily housing. The CAM Student Housing course focuses on these differences, giving CAMs the knowledge they need to manage student housing.
*Only for CAM credential holders
The CAM Student Micro-Credential Will Enable You To:
- Identify the various types of student housing properties and leasing arrangements
- Plan for unique property maintenance issues in the student housing environment
- Understand the pros and cons of different budget schedules and amenity offerings
- Oversee nontraditional staff with varying needs and priorities
The CAMT+E micro-credential is designed for apartment maintenance technicians who are preparing to take on a larger role in improving and managing energy efficiency in the communities they serve.
You'll learn about:
- Ways to incorporate energy efficiency measures in occupied units, vacant units and common areas
- The benefits and impacts of energy efficiency measures to multiple stakeholders--on-site managers, owners/investers, maintenance team and residents
- Installation and monitoring of energy efficiency measures
- How to advocate for time to perform preventative maintenance that keeps equipment performing optimally
- The importance of regularly monitoring building energy use
- How to evaluate the effectiveness of energy efficiency performance and upgrades over time
The CAMT+L micro-credential is designed for those apartment maintenance technicians who are being promoted into a supervisory role as their technical proficiency increases. This course is designed to teach the soft skills associated with the managerial role. You will learn specific supervisory and leadership skills necessary for you to succeed in your job. By taking this course and studying the recommended reading material, you will be prepared to take the CAMT+L micro-credential exam and earn a new badge for your resume.
You'll learn about:
- How to effectively implement changes and to secure buy-in from your staff
- How to work with staff and residents to resolve any conflicts
- How to properly identify and utilize all available resources
Certified Apartment Supplier (CAS)
Earning your CAS credential allows you to network with peers from
other supplier companies, as well as with community managers. CAS
will help you understand the everyday challenges that apartment
management customers face and help you develop unique selling
propositions to meet those challenges.
In this Online Course you will learn:
- Applicant screening, leasing contracts, and move-ins
- Rent collection, lease renewal, the moveout process, lease termination, and eviction
- Property management systems and their functions
- How community managers create a fair housing environment
- Minimizing risk through inspections, preventive maintenance, safety programs, and documentation
- Property hazards and crime
- Environmental hazards
- Analyzing property financial operations and underperformance
- Monitoring property performance to achieve the owner’s investment goals
- Maximizing net operating income
Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor (CAPS)
This brand-new CAPS course will help you rise to the next level in
property management. It will prepare you to be an effective portfolio
supervisor which may lead to increased earning potential.
CAPS Online Offers:
- Achieving ethical excellence
• Understanding the management agreement and creating an owner’s report
• Stakeholder relations with residents, communities, and municipalities
• Mortgage financing
• Overseeing the budget process across a portfolio
• Measuring portfolio performance and property valuation
• Investigating and troubleshooting an underperforming property
NATIONAL APARTMENT LEASING PROFESSIONAL (NALP)
This course was developed to provide affordable, convenient, self-paced training for both new and experienced leasing consultants. This interactive NALP Online Course takes advantage of the online medium to create an engaging, effective learner experience.
NALP Online Offers:
- An interactive scenario-based approach that engages and challenges learners
- Focus on applied skills training rather than solely on facts and information, thus truly preparing enrolled students for the job of a leasing professional
- An enhanced experience of the current NALP classroom content by adding up-to-date social media and interactive content, including vendor Internet-based programs
NAAEI and IREM have partnered to develop this coursework and education initiative. NAAEI represents the education and career development division of NAA, while IREM serves as a professional association for managers of income-producing properties worldwide.
Fair Housing and Beyond training is for:
- Management company executives
- Property and onsite managers
- Leasing professionals
- Maintenance technicians