Open Up to New Opportunities!
Certified Apartment Manager (CAM)
The on-site manager is a vital link between apartment residents and community owners and investors. The CAM program is designed to enhance the skills of the apartment manager which results in better managed and more profitable rental properties, improved resident retention rates, and increased employee productivity.
Requirements to obtain CAM:
- One year of onsite apartment management experience
- Attend all 8 modules of the CAM training program
- Complete Exam
CERTIFICATE FOR APARTMENT MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (CAMT)
Maintenance expenses are the single largest controllable element in any operating budget. This course is designed as an introduction for new maintenance professionals or as a refresher for the veteran employee, to give these professionals the knowledge and tools necessary to run an effective maintenance program. Programs may be taken as stand-alone seminars or in full to earn the industry designation.
The requirement to obtain CAMT:
- One year of onsite experience, individuals without this experience may earn a Provisional certificate.
- Attend all 6 modules of the CAMT training program
- Complete Exam
CERTIFIED APARTMENT LEASING PROFESSIONAL (CALP)
Earn your Certified Apartment Leasing Professional (CALP) (formally NALP) credential and enhance your leasing skills. NAAEI developed the CALP program to assist apartment industry professionals in advancing their apartment leasing career.
Requirements to obtain CALP:
- Six months of apartment industry experience, individual without this experience may earn a Provisional certificate.
- Attend all 7 modules of the CALP training program
- Complete exam
CERTIFIED APARTMENT SUPPLIER (CAS)
The Certified Apartment Supplier course runs alongside the CAM Program and is designed as an opportunity for suppliers to hear the everyday challenges faced by the apartment manager customer. The CAS program develops the Apartment Supplier's knowledge of residential property management, apartment community cash flow and budgeting, and risk management. The course is ideal for new salespeople as well as veterans of the industry. Programs may be taken as stand-alone seminars or in full to earn the industry designation.
Requirements to obtain CAS:
- Current experience as an apartment supplier
- Attend all 4 modules of the CAS training program as well as the Supplier Sucess class
- Complete Exam
The Supplier Success course is designed to offer an overview of the apartment industry and recommends ways that suppliers can maximize partnerships with apartment owners, apartment management companies and apartment association members. It has been written by successful apartment industry suppliers with years of professional experience.
Keeping up with your credentials
National Credentials follow you everywhere!
Professional Credentials from the National Apartment Association Education Institute (NAAEI) provide you with the tools to excel in our competitive industry! You've worked hard and earned your credential, don't forget to renew it annually.
Arlun, Inc. provides a scholarship program to any AASC members for FREE EDUCATION!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Any carpet/installation ordered from Arlun, Inc. in the months of December, January, & February will give your property 1.5% of the total purchase as Arlun Dollars towards AASC Education. These dollars can be counted towards a Lead Base Paint Certificate, Fair Housing, National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP) designation, and MORE!
The program runs from July-June of each year, and as the funds are used the amount is deducted from your total for the year. The amount isn't transferable, but there are numerous opportunities to use your bucks! Questions regarding the Arlun Dollars program please contact an AASC staff member.
AASC supports our members who desire to pursue education by earning a professional designation from NAAEI. There is a significant investment of time and money, and not everyone has access to the funds or education budget to make the pursuit of this training a reality, so we are proud to provide a scholarship for one full credential of CALP, CAM, & CAMT. These scholarships make it possible for some members to earn a national property management credential, enhance their careers, and pave a path for continued success in the multi-family industry.
These scholarships were made possible by our supplier member Arlun, Inc.
Claim Your Digital Badge!
NAAEI credentials show your commitment to professional development. Before, you could only share your accomplishment with a small audience. Now, you can share it widely through social media, email, websites, and your digital resume using professional digital badges.
Digital badges feature encoded metadata: the badge’s issuing organization, its expiration date, and the knowledge and skills it confirms. They also provide employers with immediate verification — all in one click.
How It Works:
After you complete a credential program or successfully renew your credential, you will receive an email from ProExam Vault with an invitation to claim your digital badge (you may have to check your spam filter). If you have not received the email from ProExam Vault please email Kim McCrossen for support.
- You claim and view your badges in a special online account.
- You can display and share your badges on LinkedIn, Facebook, and other social media, as well as in email signatures and digital copies of resumes.
- Employers and peers can verify or learn more about your credentials by just clicking on your badge.
Benefits of Digital Badges:
- On-the-Go Access: Log into your account from your tablet or smartphone to share and view badges while away from your desk.
- Easy Verification: Employers can click on a digital badge on your resume, email, LinkedIn profile, or elsewhere to easily verify that the NAAEI credential you’ve earned has been maintained and annually renewed.
- Personal Branding: You can choose to boost your online badge profile with a professional photo, bio, and contact information — or keep your page private.